Updated November 24, 2023.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
2. TYPE OF COOKIES AND PURPOSES OF USE
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, there are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies : Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from acomputer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the servicerequested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies : Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the lenght of time that they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies : Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies : The data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies : Those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content via social networks.
- Personalization cookies : These allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These enable the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies : They store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising on function of it.
3. DEACTIVATION OR DELETION OF COOKIES
You have the option of allowing, blocking or deleting cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where can you find instructions. You may at any time choose which cookies you want to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring browser options installed on your computer:
If you use any other browser, please refer to your browser’s official documentation.
In addition, you can also manage your browser’s cookie store using tools such as the following:
4. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES THIS WEBSITE USE?
In view of this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Modify/personalize your settings: You can obtain more information about what cookies are, learn about the Cookies Policy of: https://continentalbreeding.com/ and modify your browser settings.